Meraki Expeditions - Scottish Cooking and Cultural Vacation 2020
Discover the ancient kingdom of Scotland, Dalriada, in the unspoilt coastal region of Argyll and experience a unique vacation.
Combine a culinary adventure with visiting the breathtaking scenery, historic towns and ancient cultural sites that the West Highlands has to offer. Taste, learn, prepare and cook some of Scotland’s most famous, traditional dishes using the bountiful fresh produce from the rivers, lochs, sea and mountains.
Come, meet the locals and drink the whisky!
What is included?
- 7 nights’ accommodation in a cosy, traditional Highland cottage for the sole use of guests. The cottage has 1 double bedroom and 1 twin or double bedroom and 1 shared bathroom. All modern facilities and wifi included.
- 7 breakfasts, 7 picnic style lunches, 6 traditional Scottish dinners with wine.
- 4 traditional Scottish cooking classes (3-4 hours)
- Whisky tasting and engraved whisky flask, cookbook and cooking apron.
- Half day boat trip to the world famous Corryvreckan whirlpool where you will pass by the islands of Scarba and Jura (where George Orwell wrote 1984) and see a bounty of wildlife.
- 1 full day excursion to the beautiful and historic coastal port of Oban. As well as exploring the town, this day includes a tour of the famous Oban Whisky Distillery, a visit to 15th century Dunollie Castle (seat of clan chief McDougall or 13th century Dunstaffnage Castle followed by and a visit to Inverawe Estate where you will participate in a walk through the forest accompanied by a Harris hawk (bird of prey).
- Half day excursion to breathtaking Kilmartin Glen; 5000 years of history, a place of unique ancient monuments, standing stones, rock carvings and cairns.
- Transfers - collection and return to Glasgow Airport and all other internal transport connected to the included activities.
What is not included?
- 1 evening dinner will be at your own expense.