Meraki Expeditions - Secret Scotland Vacation 2020
A unique activity tour week in Scotland’s enchanting and atmospheric West Highlands, steeped in castles, mountains, glens, lochs and of course, whisky.
Listed by ‘National Geographic’ in the top 50 locations you will be surrounded by breathtaking scenery and ancient culture, we invite you to taste some of Scotlands famous dishes prepared from the freshest ingredients and meet the locals.
What is included?
- 7 nights’ accommodation in a cosy, traditional Highland cottage for the sole use of guests.
The cottage has 1 double bedroom and 1 double or twin bedroom and 1 shared bathroom.
All modern facilities and wifi included.
- 7 breakfasts, 7 picnic style lunches, 6 traditional Scottish dinners with wine.
- Whisky tasting and engraved whisky flask
- Full day excursion to the beautiful and historic coastal port of Oban.
As well as exploring the town, you will tour of the famous Oban Whisky Distillery, visit 15th century Dunollie Castle (seat of clan chief McDougall ) or 13th century Dunstaffnage Castle followed by a visit to Inverawe Estate where you will participate in a walk through the forest accompanied by a harris hawk (bird of prey).
- Full day excursion to the island of Mull. Visit 14th Century Duart Castle, seat of the clan McClean and visit the pretty town of Tobermory with its attractive shops and Distillery.
- Full day excursion. In the morning walk through breathtaking Kilmartin Glen; 5000 years of history, a place of unique ancient monuments, standing stones, rock carvings and cairns. In the afternoon you will take a boat trip to the world famous Corryvreckan whirlpool where you will pass by the islands of Scarba and Jura (where George Orwell wrote 1984) and see a bounty of wildlife.
- A traditional Scottish cooking class.
- Half day excursion to take a leisurely walk along Crinan Canal to the harbour tea parlour for a traditional cream tea.
- Transfers - collection and return to Glasgow Airport and all other internal transport connected to the included activities
What is not included?
- 1 evening dinner will be at your own expense.